Applications are invited for the Empanelment of Programme and Finance Evaluators Andhra Pradesh ReAdvertisement
Lr.No: 263/RCUES/2022, Dated: 25/11/2022
Applications are invited for the Empanelment of Programme and Finance Evaluators – Andhra Pradesh – Re-Advertisement
Name of the project: Saksham Pramaan – Targeted Interventions and Link Worker Scheme Evaluation for National AIDS Control Programme (NACP)
India is committed to 'ending the AIDS' epidemic as a public health threat by 2030 in line with Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). National Strategic Plan (NSP) has a vision to realize the 'Three Zeros' - zero new infections, zero AIDS-related deaths and zero discrimination.
First Priority of the NSP 2017-24 is to accelerate HIV prevention in ‘at risk’ population including ‘key population’. There is a need to evaluate the targeted interventions keeping in mind the priorities and strategies of National Strategic Plan (NSP). This calls for capacity building of the evaluators in recently revised formats for TI and LWS evaluation.
Regional Centre for Urban and Environmental Studies, Osmania University, Hyderabad in coordination with TISS under NACP will undertake annual evaluation of Targeted Interventions (TI) and Link Workers Scheme (LWS). The TIs reach out to the key High-Risk groups (HRGs) such as Female Sex Workers (FSW), Male having Sex with Male (MSM), Transgender/Hijra (TG), Injecting Drug Users (IDUs) and Bridge Populations such as Migrants and Long-Distance Truckers. Link Worker Scheme (LWS) reach out to HRGs, Bridge Population, Vulnerable Population residing in the rural areas.
The end term evaluation carried out by the State AIDS Control Societies (SACS) and National AIDS Control Organisation (NACO) aims to assess the quality and performance of TI projects implemented by NGOs/CBOs. This process, based on various parameters, will determine the continuation or discontinuation of individual TIs in the state.
Objectives of the evaluation:
- To assess the performance of TIs in terms of gaps between planned targets and actual achievements.
- To assess component-specific quality of TI.
- To assess knowledge level, condom use, health seeking behaviours.
- To assess the component wise expenditure of and look for variance.
- To assess the quality and performance of project staff and peer educators during the review period.
- To assess various systems (accounts/ finance/ human resource/program management) in place at TI NGO/CBO and their effectiveness in the implementation of TIs.
- To assess the organization capacity.
- To assess community engagements.
- To assess the innovations if any.
Qualification and experience of the programme/finance evaluators:
- Minimum 5 years experience in developmental sector and preferably at least 1 year in HIV/AIDS prevention programmes.
- Post graduate in any Psychology/Social Work/Public Health/Sociology.
- Community members with minimum qualification of graduation in Social Sciences and at least 2 years of experience in HIV/AIDS prevention programme are also eligible to apply.
- For Finance evaluators the minimum qualification is a degree in Commerce or an intern from a CA firm with degree in Commerce. SACS internal auditors should not be engaged in TI evaluation due to possible conflict of interest.
- Preference shall be given to candidates, who have prior experience evaluating development programmes.
- Sensitive towards issues relating to HRG communities and PLHIVs.
- Willing to undertake extensive field visits to intervention sites.
- Well versed in reporting and documentation.
- Conversant in local language is essential in addition to English.
- She/he shall have experience in conducting FGDs/IDIs with HRGs and Bridge population.
- Evaluators should not be currently associated with any TI projects/development partners who are supporting NACP both at National and State level.
Evaluators required to:
- Evaluators should spend three full days in each TIs/LWS.
- It is recommended that the evaluators should visit the community at appropriate hours for informal interaction as per the convenience of the community.
- At least 10% of the HRG randomly selected and are to be contacted by the evaluation team through one to one contact or small group discussions in 10% of the hotspots randomly selected by the evaluator.
- The evaluation report including soft copy of the evaluation tool, and detailed report shall be submitted on the 3rd day of completion of the evaluation at any TI to SACS, RCUES, TISS and NACO.
- The overall report should be shared within 7 days after completing the evaluation of any TI to RCUES/TISS.
- The final signed evaluation report should be submitted in person or by emails to SACS.
Team for Evaluation:
The 3-member evaluator’s team consists of:
- 2 External evaluators, one of them would be the lead evaluators and another one would be the co-evaluator.
- 1 Accounts/ finance person.
- This advertisement is only for Empanelment of Programme and Finance Evaluators with RCUES, OU.
- Selected Evaluators will be trained on TI & LWS evaluations, tools and process.
- Based on the need and requirement, the evaluators will be sent for TI Evaluations according to the norms of TISS, NACO and concerned SACS.
- One evaluator/team of evaluators can conduct maximum 5 TI evaluations in one state based on the evaluation plan developed by the concerned SACS and RCUES, OU.
- Honorarium, travel, food allowances and accommodation charges will be reimbursed by the concerned SACS as per the norms.
- The TI & LWS evaluations in AP will be held most probably from January to March, 2023.
Qualified, experienced and interested Programme and Finance evaluators submit their details and upload resumes on the following link.
Application Link for Programme Evaluators:
Application Link for Finance Evaluators:
Last date of applications: 10th December, 2022
(PROF. KUMAR MOLUGARAM)
Director, RCUES, OU