The Regional Centre for Urban and Environmental Studies, Osmania University (RCUES-OU), has earned recognition as a world-class research and training institution and constitutes an unique model of collaboration and cooperation between the Osmania University, the Government of India and the State Governments of Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu and the Union Territory of Pondicherry and A&N Islands.The Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India, established the RCUES-OU in 1970 to address the Research and Training needs of the constituent states.
- RCUES Hyderabad is to act as a catalyst and facilitator institution to promote professionalism in Urban Governance and Management;
- To share knowledge, information and experience in decentralization, good urban governance practices, municipal management and act as knowledge hub;
- To provide opportunities to career civil servants to develop and upgrade their knowledge and experience;
- To organize Training of Trainers (ToT) and specialized training courses;
- To undertake and/or commission studies in urban development, urban poverty alievation, urban management and urban e-Governance etc.
- RCUES-OU intends to improve urban governance and policy in India with a strong desire to lead policy thinking and policy formulation suggesting solutions to the emerging urban issues and problems.
- RCUES-OU aspires to enhance scholastic abilities and establish it as an urban policy think tank that develops and promotes alternative solutions to the issues concerned with society and critically evaluate public policies, to assess the performance of the urban authorities and to organize programmes for raising the competencies of public representatives, employees and administrators.